Christina Aguilera was arrested yesterday for public intoxication while her boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, who was driving was picked up for DUI. The cops pulled over Rutler in West Hollywood when they noticed him driving erratically. Aguilera and Rutler were booked at 2:45am and according to the LA County Sheriff’s Department, Rutler’s bail was set at $30,000 and Christina was released for $250.
- Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Aguilera appeared to be “extremely intoxicated and was unable to take care of herself.” The source said, ” If the driver had not been arrested for DUI, Christina would have never been in trouble.”
- L.A. County Sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore confirmed that Christina was arrested, booked, fingerprinted, put in a cell, and then monitored. Whitmore insisted they have “no desire” to prosecute Aguilera.
- Authorities tell RadarOnline.com that preliminary results show Rutler’s blood alcohol limit was .09 ( the legal limit in California is .08 )
BEFORE THE ARREST
New details have emerged about what Christina and Matthew were doing before they got pulled over. Sources tell TMZ that the two dined in a private room at Los Angeles restaurant Osteria Mozza until well past midnight. A fellow patron reportedly recognized Aguilera, and asked the waiter to send her a drink. The waiter allegedly told the patron, “She’s already drinking a bottle of wine . . . or two.”
After Christina’s arrest Jordan Bratman, Christina’s ex-husband, was seen with their son Max. This arrest will not affect Christina’s custody of Max according to custody specialist Michael Kelly.
- Kelly said, “Fortunately for Christina Aguilera, she wasn’t driving. The event had nothing to do with the child. The child wasn’t present. There was no innate nor overt behavior reflecting on her parenting abilities. There is no chance this incident will affect the custodial litigation in this case. There has to be a significant trend of behavior indicating the parent is a bad caregiver. One bad night out isn’t going to change anything.”
- Fellow pop star Pink found humor in the situation. She tweeted, “Out of Myself, Britney, and Christina – didn’t everyone think I was gonna be the troublemaker? LOOK MA!!! No CUFFS!!”