Yesterday morning (March 22nd), Chris Brown reportedly went ballistic after an interview on Good Morning America with Robin Roberts. During the interview, Robin asked Chris about the recent downgrade of the restraining order that his ex Rihanna had placed against him. Chris appeared to handle Robin’s questions well. Robin said,
“What’s going on now, is that recently, the restraining order against you that Rihanna had issued has been relaxed. You can go to events and be in the same room. Have you all seen each other and been around each other? Chris: I mean, not really. It’s not really a big deal to me now, as far as that situation. I think I’m passed that in my life. Today’s the album day, so that’s what I’m focused on. So everybody go get that album.”
Robin then asked about the meaning behind the title of Chris’ album, F.A.M.E., which he explained means Forgiving All My Enemies and Fans Are My Everything. Robin said,
“When you say forgive all your enemies, who do you consider your enemies.?” Chris: “Just anybody, naysayers, haters, whatever the case may be. I just think being positive and promoting that is what I’m about now, and that’s what I’m gonna do.” Robin: “Yeah, but you can understand how some people . . . you know . . . that was very serious what you went through and what happened. Even the judge afterwards said that you had served your time, as far as the community service and moving on. Have you been able to . . . how have you been able to ? Chris: “I’ve been focusing on this album, you know. I think this album is what I want people to hear and want people to really get into, so definitely this ALBUM is what I want them to talk about and not the stuff that happened two years ago.” Robin: “I understand that! I understand that and thank you for allowing me to go back that way, because there have been alot of people that were tweeting about it.”
- According to TMZ.com, after the interview, ABC sources said that Chris allegedly went into a frenzy “storming into his dressing room and screaming so loud, the people in hair and makeup became alarmed and called security.” ABC’s security went on to add that Chris allegedly shattered a window in his dressing room with a chair, causing some shards to fall onto the street.
- The site was also told that the singer reportedly skipped his second scheduled performance for ABC’s website before ripping his shirt off and confronting a segment producer as he was exiting the building.
- Shortly after the incident, Chris took to Twitter to vent his frustration. He wrote, “I’m so over people bringing this past s**t up! Yet we praise Charlie Sheen and other celebs for their bulls**t.”
- He later deleted the tweet and then sent another message to his fans. He wrote, “All my fans! This album is for you and only you! I’m so tired of everyone else! Honestly! I love team breezy!”
Breezy on “Good Morning America”
Watch Breezy perform “Yeah 3x”
ROBIN ROBERTS SAYS SHE HAD PERMISSION FROM CHRIS’ CAMP TO TALK ABOUT RIHANNA
Good Morning America‘s Robin Roberts has insisted that both she and her GMA colleagues spoke with Chris Brown prior to the interview yesterday morning (March 22nd) to get his approval of a few questions about Rihanna assault incident. According to TMZ.com, Chris complied to the requests. Robin has also insisted that she did not try to poke Breezy and that she is “pulling for the guy.”
According to RadarOnline.com, Chris Brown — who is currently on probation until 2014, will more than likely not face a probation violation after the incident. An insider said that the NYPD were not called after Chris allegedly broke the window at ABC studios. A source close to Chris said, “The police weren’t called, and unless ABC decides to call the NYPD, no action will be taken against Brown, who is still on probation. No one saw Chris break the window. It would be a different scenario if the cops were called, which would prompt Brown’s probation officer to become involved.”
- Although ABC has not called the cops, reports say that top execs are demanding that the singer be banned from Dancing With The Stars — he was confirmed to perform on the hit show next week.