TMZ reported that Winehouse’s bodyguard is the one who found her body. Family friend Chris Goodman explained, “She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn’t breathing. He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked. At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed.”
- Police are treating the death as unexplained. An autopsy will be performed this week.
- Amy’s on-again off-again boyfriend, Reg Traviss was spotted outside Amy’s apartment after her death. British tabloids reported that Amy was devastated after Reg broke up with her — reportedly because her addiction was so overpowering.
CELEBRITIES OFFER THEIR CONDOLENCES
Several celebrities took to Twitter to express their condolences about Amy Winehouse’s death. Celebrities like P. Diddy, Pete Wentz and Fred Durst simply wrote, “R.I.P.” Other celebrities shared some more personal thoughts.
- LeAnn Rimes tweeted, “RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad.“
- Kelly Osbourne tweeted, “I cant even breath right now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. I love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!”
- Demi Moore tweeted, “Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family May her troubled soul find peace.”
- Lady Gaga tweeted, “Amy changed pop music forever, I remember knowing there was hope, and feeling not alone because of her. She lived jazz, she lived the blues.”
- Kim Kardashian tweeted, “I just heard the news that Amy Winehouse passed away. What a true talent. I pray she’s in a better place & at peace.”
- Demi Lovato tweeted, “Amy Winehouse.. So sad. Unfortunately the world lost an incredibly talented woman to such a powerful disease . . . addiction.”