Pierre ‘Montez’ Ward better known by his stage name Ceaza Montez began his musical expedition at the age of 15 when he became conscious of his ability to play with words like building blocks.

After 13 years of dedication, and tuned precision, Ceaza Montez released his first commercial mixtape entitled “Boastfully Not Braggin” on October 15th 2011, soon after he released the first installment to his “D.G.D.I. (Dopest Guy Doin It) series on February 21, 2012 and recently released his new mixtape GML2 (Get Money Live Life) on June 25, 2012 available now via www.datpiff.com.

IAA:  What city and state are you from?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  Dothan, AL but I reside in Birmingham, AL.

IAA:  What is your music background?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  Hip-hop has always been a part of my life. However, I didn’t start writing until I was 15 years old. I have written and recorded a total of eight different Mixtapes, co-wrote, and I have performed in countless showcases and events over my music career thus far.

IAA:  Why do you want to record and release your own music?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  Because I love it. It’s not only a way to express feelings, and/or my views, it’s my way of showing who I am. In some sense, music is my way of building a rapport with whoever may hear my music.

IAA:  What are your songs about?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  My songs are about life.

IAA:  Who is your fan base directed towards?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  My music is for everyone, but I’ve started to notice that women 18 to 30 and men 20 to 35 listen to my music the most.

IAA:  Who are your musical influences?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Notorious BIG, 2-Pac, and Jay-Z.

IAA:  How would you describe your music to people?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  Southern Comfort, atomic number 8 (oxygen), and a fresh dose of goodness.

IAA:  What makes you stand out from other artists?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  I feel there is only one me. From my sound to my delivery, my song concepts, and everything you hear and/or see me do makes me stand out amongst the rest.

IAA:  What are some upcoming projects you are currently working on?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  I just finished working on the second installment to my “D.G.D.I (Dopest Guy Doin It)” series, due late 2012. I’m currently working on “Point of View” and “In My Sexion” for 2013.

IAA:  What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  To build a brand/company (Southern Comfort Music Group), sell millions of copies of my music world wide, become internationally known as a great hip-hop artist, and bring recognition to an untapped market.

IAA:  How can your fans access your music and contact you?

CEAZA MONTEZ:  www.reverbnation.com/CeazaMontez ; www.twitter.com/Ceaza_Montez;  www.facebook.com/CeazaMontez ; CeazaMontez@gmail.com Download my mixtape  at http://www.datpiff.com/Ceaza-Montez-Gml2-Get-Money-Live-Life-mixtape.366037.html

1. Anonymous says:

Respect to the power of the pin… Nice flows and clean transitions those are a plus keep up the hard work…

1. Ceaza Montez says:

Thank you for checking my article out. Checkout my new mixtape #GML2GetMoneyLiveLife http://www.datpiff.com/Ceaza-Montez-Gml2-Get-Money-Live-Life-mixtape.366037.html

2. Anonymous says:

Great talent….keep grinding homie

1. Ceaza Montez says:

I will and thank you for checking out my article.

3. Anonymous says:

Ceaza great song concepts and lyrical talent. Keep working hard and “Grind’n”.

4. American No.Name says:

Great Interview!!!!!!! Great Responses!!!!!

1. American No.Name says:

Check out my music at http://www.reverbnation.com/iamnoname

2. Ceaza Montez says:

Preciate you checking me out fam. Checkout my new mixtape #GML2GetMoneyLiveLife http://www.datpiff.com/Ceaza-Montez-Gml2-Get-Money-Live-Life-mixtape.366037.html

5. CronicBeats says:

Great info. I can see that this is where you belong. Keep up the good work. CronicBeats

1. Ceaza Montez says:

Thank you for checking out my article and pages. Checked out some of your beats and you got some bangin tracks. Working on some new projects. I will definitely keep you in mind for them. Checkout my new mixtape #GML2GetMoneyLiveLife http://www.datpiff.com/Ceaza-Montez-Gml2-Get-Money-Live-Life-mixtape.366037.html

6. Anonymous says:

Great interview. The music shows alot of insight to your journey. Keep pushing.

1. Ceaza Montez says:

Preciate your feedback and there is alot more insight to come. Stay tuned by following me on twitter and checkout my new mixtape #GML2GetMoneyLiveLife http://www.datpiff.com/Ceaza-Montez-Gml2-Get-Money-Live-Life-mixtape.366037.html

7. Anonymous says:

Great interview. The mixtape shows alot of insight into your journey. Keep putting more out. It’s a nice sound.

1. Ceaza Montez says:

I will and follow me on twitter @Ceaza_Montez and fan my Reverbnation.com page for updates.

8. 36Shawty says:

Whats good big dog?Thanks for the love I peeped yo article and I digg what you got going on too.Mabe we can link up one day!!Stay grinding yo!!My e-mail is Fieldertyhien@yahoo.com

1. Ceaza Montez says:

36Shawty got you fam and on linking up, I’m always down for a collab on some GOOD music!

9. Perry says:

Ceaze I have seen and heard the growth in your music over the past year. Your consistency and hard work will payoff. Keep grinding and make the world feel your passion for your work and story!

1. Ceaza Montez says:

Lil bro you know I got us. SCMG/WiseEG #Salute

10. CJDeJour says:

Hey ceaza! Great article and music. Keep working hard and yeah we should definitely collab. Thanks for showing love!

11. IcyHott says:

I am soooo ready to party right now!!!!! I am so proud of you and i cant believe Im actually typing in your freaking name on the internet and you pop up!!!! Keep God on your side and he is going to lead you on a path to success and happiness. It’s a struggle but it is worth it!!!! Expecting nothing but the best!!!! Love u bunches kiddo!!!

12. MJ says:

It’s amazing what you can learn about a person through music. I feel your story and you’re definitely “CERTIFIED” FO LIFE!

13. bholla says:

Keep grinding, cuz nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.

14. April says:

Cuz! I’m so proud of you. Keep doing your thang. We are all rooting for you.

15. Ceaza Montez says:

To my family thank you for all of your continued support. Love you all!

16. BIG? FUN watching girls with their hair messed up that badly !
    😉 hehehe